Friday, August 24, 2012

chapter 9: Thngs change

This is for chrisbrownbet aka yanna
*Nasir



Ever heard of the saying "if loving you is wrong i don't wanna be right"
I feel like that quote is the story of my life now. I have Eva the woman who's been holding me down, for almost a year now; and then I have Kim who's held my heart down since I laid eyes no her back in high school. Now I know some of y'all are thinking that I should stay with Eva, but Kim has a peace of me that no other woman can compete with and that's my first born, my babygirl.
And i sit back and think about how could I've missed so much of something so wonderful in my OWN life?!
I have all this money and success, but at one time had no one to share it with, cause I lowkey messed my OWN relationship up. And just right when I wanted to give up on music something that keep sane this pretty woman walked over to me and said
"you have way too many people looking up to you to change the whole rap game to quit" she smiled
And a year later she's been holding me down ever since.
But there were them nights when Kim would hold me down when i didn't have a dime! She would let me crash at her place, cook, all on top of going to school. Man i was crazy about Kim.
We've dated for about 5 years, before she up and left; well after I scared her off. We were fighting about me leaving  Miami to come back home to jump start my rapping career.
(flash back)
"why do you have to go?" she begged and pleaded
"I've told you before Kim, I have to go if you want to buy all these nice things" I told her 3 times
She sighed and took her earrings off
"I don't understand why" she began to cry
"baby I'm doing this for you... Us" I held her hand
"no your not your doing it for you!" she yelled in my face taking her hand from mine
"are you for real Yo Kim your tripping" i replied backing up
"I'm tripping Nasir your the one leaving ME, but I'm tripping" she said in a mocking tone
I kissed my lips "you always do that, for once can you be happy for me!" I yelled
Kim always supported my rapping career, so iono she's acting brand new.
"I am happy for you Nasir, but what about us" she pointed between her and myself
"Cone to with me, cone to New York" i stepped closer
She shook her head left to right
"no you know i would, but i have school and my mother to take care of" she went on and on
Same old Kim just a different day!
"Ard Kim do what you want, leave, stay, support me, don't support me I don't care" i waved my hands defeated just giving this had been the 4th time we fought this week I'm tired of not having people not in my coiner but they continue to say "yo Nas you nice son" or "you got talent fam" but cant support me and Kim just baling on me just made me snap!
"fine" she said lowly packing her things, I watched her while everything turned into a blur
"you take care of your self, i know your going to be some big time rapper" she smiled kissing me ever so softly before speaking again
"I Love you Nasir Jones and don't ever think I don't" she kissed my check as I held her onto my arms feeling like I'm loosing half of me when she walks out this door.
"Kim I'm saying i love you too" i said back in a tone that matched hers
"I know you do now go chase your dream" she smiled
"yo don't ever take that off" i pointed to the ring on her ring finger that i gave her we agreed when we were don't ready we would tell our parents
"you know i wont" she smiled again
(End of flash back)
"dad it's raining super hard outside can i come in here" kyleigh poked her head into the office
"yea come on in" i laughed girl just like her mother, Kim used to be scared of the rain too
She came and sat on the desk with her feet to her chest looking out the huge window
"whats on you mind?" I asked her
"nothing just wanted to come with you" she smiled
"well thank you my darling" i put on a goofy face
"wow dad" when those words left her mouth it instantly put a smile on my face
"what you do today?" i asked her turning the lamp on
"homework,script,and dance practice" she sounded tired
"oh bust you" I smiled
"what you do watch ENPS?" She asked smartly
"No smart I went to the studio then I was a meeting with interscope all day" i yawned
"Is everything okay?" she asked concerned
"yea they was just telling me that Nicki Minaj wanna work with me" i watch her face lite up
"for real daddy that's super cool" she moved all around
"you think I should do it?"
"yes Nicki's hot and it will put you back on the map" she smiled
"I think i will" i smiled too
"I'm proud if you dad"
"thank you" i kissed her forehead
"i love you" she laughed
"love you too" i made another goody face
I guess things do change, for example my relationship with my daughter change, and my career. Cant complain.

*Kim

"ma'am is everything okay?" the flight attendant asked
"yes thank you" i smiled at her
I'm going to go see about my baby, I got in contact with one of Nisir's body guard I think. Iono I just know his name is Meek. But he told me that he's in New York and he seen Leigh. So I plan on going up there to talk to my love, to let her know that i care, and I always cared.
********
I got off the plane looking for a taxi.
"where to ma'am?" the man asked me
"Brooklyn" i replied handing  him the paper where I wrote Nasir's address on it.
"alrite we'll be there in about 15 unless theres traffic" he laughed a little to himself
I sat back resting my head on the head rest think what have i got myself into?!
As we get closer and closer to his house I feel those old feelings from the last time i spoke to him come back. Most importantly i feel all the troubles I've caused Ky.
We're here" I taxi drives said snapping me out of my oceans of thoughts.
"Thanks" I said lowly taking out $50
"your total is $45" he turned to me i quickly handed him the money and pulled my duffel bag out walking up to the gate
Pressing the button awaiting for him or someone to speak
"yo" i heard but i already know his voice he's so basic lolx
"um I'm looking for Nasir" my voice cracked a little
"who this" he asked
"Kim" i spoke softly but still so he could hear it was quite for a while before I heard a clicking noise and the bug gates ahead of me open. today is the day i face my fears and grow up. I guess things do change.

*kyleigh


My dad and i was chilling in the office watching the movie "big". When someone buzzed in.
"wonder who that is" he said getting up from the sofa
"I'll be back babygirl" he said walking out. A few minutes later he walked back into the room with the blankest look on his face he looked flushed. I wonder what's up.
"You good?" I asked
"huh" he asked still standing at the door
"ARE.YOU.OKAY" I asked him again
"um somebody here foe you" he looked at the ground
"who Micheal?" I asked
"no your moms" he said lowly
I almost jumped out of my skin when he said that, he stepped to the side and there stood my mother. She looked good her hair was long like i remember and he skin was flawless.
"momma" i said above a whisper feeling the tear fill up in my eyes.
"hi babygirl" she even spoke the same, he soft tone brought me back to the times she would read to me.
Iono what was going on,but i felt myself walking over to her wrapping my arms tightly around her neck.
"I've missed you and i was starting to think you forgot about me" the tears started pouring out of my eyes.

*Kim

"How could I get a forget about you, y first born" i whipped her tears as my own filled my eyes.
"really?" she looked up at me
"I Love you far to much to forget" i kissed her forehead
"let's go into the living room
" Nas said walking to the door of what I come to think of his office
We walked into the living room
"you want something to drink mom" Leigh asked me
"no thank you baby" I smiled at her
"Well wassup with you" she sat on my lap
"I came here to explain my story" I said all eyes were on me here's my chance

No comments:

Post a Comment